Information in English
Victim Support Sweden is a voluntary organisation that has been in existence since 1988. The Association has more than 8000 members. There are local victim support centres in more than one hundred places around the country. These centres are intended to complement action by the public authorities.
Being a victim of a crime is often very upsetting. Suddenly everyday life feels insecure and people often feel that they have lost control of their lives. The victim support centre can offer people affected by crime the following support:
- Time to listen and help to formulate what has happened to you
- Information on how to a report the crime to the police
- Information about what happens in court
- Support at a trial
- Help in contacts with public authorities
- Information about damages
- Help to come to terms with what has happened and to be able to move on
Please read more about Victim Support Sweden here.